CrossFitters train for the unknown and unknowable, but elite fitness does not guarantee personal safety.
"In 2006 I was invited by Coach Glassman to Santa Cruz and introduced to CrossFit. After listening to Coach speak I was so inspired by the parallels between the CrossFit philosophy and the self-defence program I was implementing, that I went back to the hotel and wrote pages of notes outlining the intersections and commonalities. I immediately envisioned how the two programs would benefit the student.
Here was a fitness program that didn’t specialize or discriminate. It looked at how people moved (and needed to move). This completely resonated with our approach to self-defense defense training."
Mental Toughness, Self-Reliance, Situational Awareness...
- Improve awareness – learn how to detect and avoid danger.
- Defuse and de-escalate – learn simple strategies to resolve common conflicts and position oneself in a morally and legally tactical position.
- Manage fear and aggression – learn to identify and manage fear.
- Learn how to “flip the switch” to generate aggression and intensity to protect oneself or a loved one.
- Learn the world-renowned SPEAR System tools and tactics – learn physiology-based skills and drills for self-protection.
Can you really learn to defend yourself in one weekend?
Yes. And here's why:
This is NOT a martial art course. Martial arts and self-defense are different. You will learn the difference at this course.
- The CrossFit Defense program combines the tenacity of the CrossFit athlete with the specific motor skills needed for personal defense.
- We utilize the power, speed and intensity that CrossFit develops, and teach participants how to strategically convert common CrossFit movements into defensive and protective tactics.
- We are the world's leader in personal defense training. We've been teaching simple, smart and responsible self-defense for over three decades. We pioneered a self-defense method based on natural behavior and physiology. Everyone can learn it, everyone can do it. We want to share this with you.
Work-Capacity, Peace of Mind, and some extra PRs
- CrossFit Defense is about the community - any CrossFit athlete or a L1 Coach, can attend this course. It will make everyone tougher, safer, smarter.
- The most important weapon you possess is your mind - we will sharpen it.
Want to learn more?