- The SPEAR System is based on an 80,000 year old genetic survival response that helped keep our ancestors alive.
- Your reptilian brain wants you to survive.
- Its initial response to danger is to protect your head and push you away from danger.
- “Danger” is detected via the limbic system. This triggers an instinctive survival response called the 'startle-flinch' response.
- This survival reflex is hard-wired in you.
- When it is triggered, it bypasses cognition. This is neurophysiology.
- This explains why no one looks cool in a real fight and why you almost never see technical martial arts being used in real violent encounters.
- The SPEAR System harnesses this energy, then exploits the energy by converting it into a focused counter-measure. This is kinetics & physics.
- This movement is protective by nature and tactical by design and its all organic, your body-mind produces this.
- The SPEAR System combines the fastest human response (the startle-flinch) with the strongest natural human kinetic movement (the cross-extensor reflex), making the SPEAR a simple to learn, extremely effective method of personal defense regardless of gender, age, or size.
Learn more about the science behind the SPEAR System
This isn't what it looks like.
This is a demonstration of physiology and physics.
When you flinch your fingers splay and your hands push away the danger. The beauty of the SPEAR System is that we harness that energy and then teach participants how to redirect the kinetic energy using this instinctive movement. This makes the SPEAR System the easiest self-defense protocol to learn because the movement is already hard-wired in you.